SYR 2.74% 35.5¢ syrah resources limited

Chalieco/Chinalco is the third-largest aluminium company in the...

1. 2,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Chalieco/Chinalco is the third-largest aluminium company in the world. I suspect they know rather more about the use, and economics, of graphite and petroleum coke in aluminium anodes than even Tobyjack. Balama, by virtue of its sheer size, is the first real chance that an aluminium company has had to use a significant amount of graphite in their anodes, and Chalieco appears to have grabbed that chance with both hands. They obviously think they have any technical problems well in hand, and that's good enough for me.

The recent announcement leaves little room for doubt that the MOU will become an order, and probably for substantially more graphite and vanadium than was initially suggested.

And import costs? The difference in freight costs in shipping graphite from Mozambique to Shanghai, versus shipping petroleum coke from Abu Dhabi to Shanghai, will be minute. Are we really expected to take this suggestion seriously? This is simply grasping at straws, in trying to find something with which to downramp SYR. What is the agenda here, for a poster who has no shares in the company?

Cheers, Prime1

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SYR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.74%)
Mkt cap ! $367.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
35.5¢ 37.0¢ 35.0¢ $2.274M 6.355M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 189831 35.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
36.0¢ 53310 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SYR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.