TGS 0.00% 4.9¢ tiger resources limited

Not much it seems with Tiger right now. A little bit more volume...

1. 527 Posts.
    Not much it seems with Tiger right now. A little bit more volume than usual.

Will be a very interesting month as JORC resource due to be released, as is BFS, as is TSX listing. Methinks all three around the same time to maximise exposure on the TSX. In addition hopefully official confirmation of mining leases from DRC govt in Jan.

I have done some research - only Kipoi was signed pre 2003 so the Kolwezi prospect is 100% safe. This should be one ot keep an eye on. 15kms away from Freeports Tenke Fengurume (500 mt @ 3.8% copper) this is one of worlds largest un exploited copper deposits. If they are sitting on an extension of the orebody then could be big.

Sentinment will swing back to the DRC in short order. Xstrata Tampakan prospect looking much shakier, as a few of the big South American mines.

The copper grade is the key. Grades in DRC are 8x that of Chile or Peru. Currently in the DRC capital intensity is $4568 pt, in South America > $7000 pt. At $7000 pt and IRR of 15% a copper price of 2.26lb is required. The eight year foward consensus is prices of 1.30 -1.60 lb. In short the big mines with grades of <1.2% are not going to be economic unless the market for copper keeps tight. Globally, with 66 new projects in the pipeline price pressure will ease after 2008. DRC might have political and infrastructure risk....but if you actually want a mine that can still pay the wages in 10 yrs then its where you need to be.

Consolidation of DRC is already happening. Komoto + Nikanor. FQM. Talk of BHP taking out Freeport, who only just took out Phelps Dodge. Also talk of BHP taking out Anvil or Equinox. Dont think BHP will do anything till the Rio thing has played out. Then there is CVRD sitting the dust with nothing.

Me...Im just punting that Tiger will either make it good by opening up operations at Kipoi, or is taken out. Either way its good bet in my books.

good luck to holders

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.