IPR 0.00% 4.1¢ ipernica limited

what's in a name, page-11

1. 988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    I doubt too many on this thread have been a critical as myself of the poor performance or lack of business generated by Nearmap and Mr Crowther's ability to get this off the ground.

The constant increase in staff and salaries would suggest the business is rapidly expanding, but we still aren't cash flow positive.

I find it a contradiction that Nearmap would require an East Coast office in light of the "expectation" that Nearmap would afford landscape gardeners to submit remote quotes. I would have thought an online business like Nearmap would require less face to face contact than a hands on gardening business.

I would love to know just how many landscape contractors actually use this service. It would seem to me from initial pronouncements to target million dollar contracts like the MDBA, management are admitting defeat, or are at the very least, clutching at straws.

Perhaps the previous CEO Stuart Nixon was overly ambitious and blinded by his own sense of worth (he figured Nearmap would make him a billion) and though the technology was, and is impressive, there just isn't the demand that he envisaged. He did however manage to persuade GG and others, consequently we are now left holding the baby.

I don't envy Crowther's task, the original crew have jumped ship and left him to navigate us out of the red. I am critical of things he has said, his projection to turn this thing into a multi media enterprise is but one, to turn this into an international business is another, and there are many flippant remarks tweeted at irregular intervals that earn my ire. His use of cliches like "going forward" in the 2011 AGM presentation make Julia Gillard's political campaign pale into irritating insignificance, but when it is all said and done, he is at the helm for now; I just hope he has shareholders' interests at heart and not just his own, and that he makes a concerted effort to pick this thing off the floor.

This is a kinda plea, a prayer from a non believer. If you get to read this Simon, give a thought to your long suffering shareholders.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IPR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.