SMY sally malay mining limited

Shakespeare had it thus. "What's in a name? That which we call a...

1. 622 Posts.
    Shakespeare had it thus. "What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet."

Well I see that the majority of you holders out there seem to agree, so we get this incredible change of name to Panoramic Resources; about as bland and unconvincing a corporate monicker as I have ever heard.
    I have seen this before and the wording of the motion to change the name is depressingly familiar

"the need to re-brand the business",
    "better describes the Company’s vision"

This is straight out of the MBA Corporatespeak Manual and it says to me that we now have a management team that has lost sight of the ball.
    A mining company is in the business of digging up metal and selling it: simple. Do those who want the product give a hoot what the company selling it is called? Price yes, quality yes, name no.
    This kind of superficial gloss is what precedes a company decline or is a precursor to window dressing it for a sell off. It is a waste of money and a complete distraction from the real business.

Sally Malay has been distictive and successful. When this proposal first surfaced I thought that I wanted no part of a company that has lost the plot. I was going to sell there and then with a small profit but events got in the way and the recent sp decline has left me in a loss position. I will see if the current small uplift continues but if not ces la vie. I no longer have any confidence in the people steering this ship.
    Not my usually up-beat posting style but this leaves a sour taste.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.