LOM 0.00% 4.3¢ lucapa diamond company limited

what's in it for me?, page-21

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Hi MP

I think you have some justification with your comments. The stock was once 60 cents and then dropped and was in to the teens only a short time ago. I think Mile's comments sent buyers into a short term frenzy based on an "imminent" kimberlite discovery being announced. Well that has yet to happen, it is not to say it won't but it may take weeks, months or maybe years. And then you need to take into consideration the costs and time involved in bringing a full scale mine to fruition. Many are hoping for a takeover should a commercial kimberlite be found thus benefitting from a high share price without the having the start up costs of a new mine. Let's face it, everyone has a different theory or strategy.

In the meantime they are harvesting plenty of diamonds, many of which are rare so there is no shortage of income being generated (which was not happening so much 6-12 months ago). So it is looking good as far as cashflow is concerned. The trouble is the company is conceived as an explorer and pretty much acts that way. So there will always be exploring and extra spending and/or capital raising happening, so don't expect any dividends any time soon!

As others say this is about capital growth only and that is as technical or educated as it gets. Maybe the words punt, dream, over exuberance, blind faith also come to mind.

Don't get me wrong this thing has enormous potential and success could be just around the corner however only put in what you are prepared to lose because that could happen as well.

Personally I only have 3 "specky" stocks in my portfolio with the remainder allocated to blue chips (the banks, Telstra, CSL etc) as well as growth stocks (MTU, CAR, REA, ARB, FLT) as well as some EFT's. By the way this is not advice, just some thoughts. Put all your money into one stock at your peril..........

All the best

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.47M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 40000 4.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 112000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.