NXT 0.63% $17.60 nextdc limited

I believe my claim stands.North AmericaDespite power supply...

1. 1,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    That is unnecessary.

How about you attempt to address my claim, instead of immediately descending into an Ad hominem attack?
    I believe my claim stands.

North America
    Despite power supply issues, North American data center inventory grew by 24.4% year-over-year in Q1 2024, adding 807.5 MW across Northern Virginia, Chicago, Dallas and Silicon Valley.

Asia-Pacific
    The region’s data center inventory increased by 22% year-over year in Q1 to 2,996 MW. Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong and Singapore each contain well over a half-GW of live power capacity, despite tighter planning constraints in Singapore. The capacity pipeline is strong, with numerous developments under construction across the region.

Source: https://www.cbre.com/insights/reports/global-data-center-trends-2024

Actually think about that for a second.

So after every data center ever built in the history of mankind, we just added something like almost 1/4 of the global capacity again, in the last 12 months alone.

Could you expand global gold production capacity by 24% in one year?

Or Uranium production?

Car production capacity?

Nuclear power production capacity?

No way.

All of those things would actually be difficult.

If we just willy nilly increased global MW capacity by almost 1/4 in one year however, it truly can't be that difficult, irrespective of what a vested interest may claim.

Look at Goodman group.

A few years ago they built warehouse and industrial estate's and new very little about data centers.

Now in just a few years, they have a global pipeline of 5GW, and are now data center experts!!

Hence I have a view that actually building a DC can't be that difficult.

Every man and his dog is piling in, and the investment in the space is growing daily..

Sounds maybe like a bit of a crowded trade??

I think what will become apparent soon, is that its actually much harder to put in the required electricity generation capacity.

I'm researching global energy producers as we speak

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NXT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.