AQZ 2.99% $3.10 alliance aviation services limited

Hi everyone. Just reading through the post above regarding the...

1. 802 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    Hi everyone.  Just reading through the post above regarding the fleet pricing, etc - I thought I would just add a quick spiel in regards to the the age of the fleet.  

Note that the average age of most, if not all, the Fokker 100s and 50s are now over 20 years old.  When you compare this to the standard fleet age across most lets call them '1st world' airlines, of 10-15 years, it raises the question of when will Alliance need to replace these with a new model?  And, considering there is no 'new' model of the Fokker (excepting the slightly newer F70), one would further question what new make of aircraft will the company go for, and what variations will be utilised to service their varied contracts; and, what will happen to, and what will be the cost of, completely changing the companies type experiences (engineers, pilots, etc).

The future of the fleet is mentioned in this Ann, being 8-10 years from 2015.  Note that this is on the same document the company Ann'd the purchase of some 21 aircraft for $15M (which also demonstrates the enormous variation regarding Fokker valuations across the globe).

IMO, these points are what are keeping the SP down - the company needs to prove to the market it is thinking strategically (5-10yrs +).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.