DSK 0.60% 84.0¢ dusk group limited

I prefer the old simple metrics - MC of $60m and EV of $40m...

1. 124 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 57
    I prefer the old simple metrics - MC of $60m and EV of $40m ($16m+$4m tax rec).
    (F/C are just theoretical unless paid out IMO).

To value DSK, it's about understanding normalised earnings.
    The past couple of years are irrelevant as they were clearly over-earning.
    On the other side because it listed during covid and most in the industry are males they've marked DSK down as a fad - they think gifting is dead and women don't want nice smelling items!
    But actually in pre-Covid FY19 (the last normalised time) they were doing $9m NPAT from 100 stores and continually growing YoY.
    They've now increased stores by 50%.
    With a little bit of operating leverage that's a ballpark normalised $15m NPAT at current store count.

That gives current metrics of 4x P/E (with a third covered by cash).
    On a 70% payout ratio that's 17.5% divi yield or 25% grossed up.
    Incredible numbers.
    Then add store growth on top.
    So apply whatever multiple you want to normalised earnings.
    I've said it before: Operating leverage + cyclicality + seasonality are a powerful cocktail.
    The question is when is normal again?
    FY24 will likely be tough. That will reinvigorate the bears further.
    The only thing that matters is that they survive - which they will given cash backing and available facilities in the unlikely event of a strong downturn.
    So it's more likely a FY25 play. It'll move before then as the market is forward looking. For now, best to switch off (nothing you can do).
    The market is good on a 6-12 month time horizon but poor beyond that - that's the opportunity.
    Throw in our new CEO and international expansion and that ups the multiple further.
    Speaking of which, Vlad started today....

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5643/5643706-3b8ebab6da97248c50e883849e4d5bf3.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DSK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.