A2M 2.89% $6.77 the a2 milk company limited

In answer to the title of the thread, I'm going to go out on a...

1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 141
    In answer to the title of the thread, I'm going to go out on a limb and speculate that A2 will now seek to consolidate into a vertically integrated company by securing supply and facilities (the latter is already announced). This is the next stage of it's journey.

To do so, I would imagine the company will (at some point) run a ruler over acquiring Synlait. I can see some benefit to doing this (supply, facilities, freedom from IF contractual obligations), but it would require a C/R. Other options may present themselves, but it depends on their IF plans on mainland China.

Either way, I hold interests in both A2M and SM1 so I have gone 50-50 each way. But that's what I expect to see in the future. Or hope to see.

Initially, I thought the likelihood of A2 being a takeover target was high and remain surprised it hasn't happened. But I think it's too expensive now.

Anyways, just my thoughts. Pure speculation on my behalf... but it makes sense if A2M is keen on significant up-scaling and further growth. The main issue would be convincing SM1's larger holders to sell their stakes.

Again, I hold interests in both companies. But this is why I hold both!

Baron

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add A2M (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.77
Change
0.190(2.89%)
Mkt cap ! $4.894B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.64 $6.80 $6.62 $8.993M 1.334M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 5191 $6.76

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.82 2584 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
A2M (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.