AMX 1.11% 45.5¢ aerometrex limited

what's next?

1. 8 Posts.
    This is my first post ever in HotCopper. I hope to have fruitful discussions on shares in coming months/years!

I bought some AMX recently - as I thought it broke the downtrend and there (still) is a potential for STT. I also try not to punt on stocks which has no fundamentals as I may need to hold them a little longer if things go pear shaped.

Nonetheless, throughout today I saw several trades where there was no seller/bidder at 30c and suddenly (using IRESS) a $5~10k trade is made at 30c which left a few 30c shares to sell. Everything on a blink of an eye. This action killed the little momentum that AMX had after bouncing off 29c.
    It seemed as someone actually knew that the buy order will arrive and matched the order by putting a sell. (or the other way around...)

Below is what BotKiller has shared at CTP thread, which I think is relevant/interesting:

http://hotcopper.com.au/post_single.asp?fid=1&tid=1948405&msgid=11400001

What I believe is that someone is desperately trying to accumulate this stock. AMX is currently off the radar for many different reasons (gold price, general market sentiment on gold stocks, downtrend for long.. etc) and does not take much volume to manipulate the price. By knowing that the assay results are due in few days which will probably return some interest back to AMX, we are being squeezed to that last drop of juice. Just a little nudge off cliff.

I am now with a handsome loss on paper, but hey, I am not too worried. At the end, I didn't buy at the peak, and I am certainly not the one having 16%+ of AMX at 80c average. (Is someone trying to average down?)

I will just put this one aside and see which letter hits my mailbox first. Dividend OR takeover notice.

Good luck everyone.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
45.5¢
Change
0.005(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $43.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.0¢ 49.5¢ 45.0¢ $20.40K 44.45K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3417 45.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 1250 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.