SAS 0.00% 1.6¢ sky and space company ltd

.... but I think it will be solved... There is also pressure...

1. 3,885 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1152
    .... but I think it will be solved... There is also pressure from One Web there:
    (also from the article)

The OneWeb broadband constellation of around 700 satellites is registered in Britain. The first 10 OneWeb satellites are scheduled for launch in mid-2018. OneWeb officials have asked British regulators to review their policies:

http://bit.ly/2sPSU3A

Joanne Wheeler, a partner in the London office of the law firm Bird & Bird and co-chair of the U.K. Satellite Finance Network, said regulators are aware of the issue. She noted, however, that many nations have third-party-liability requirements for satellites.

“We need to look at different TPL [third-party liability] business models, particularly for the constellations,” Wheeler said at the recent U.K. Space Conference, held in Manchester. Wheeler said British regulators have some leeway in adjusting the insurance requirement on a case-by-case basis.

Addressing the World Space Risk Forum in London June 15, Pariente said Sky and Space Global remains hopeful that the British regulatory regime will be modified to account for the special characteristics of constellations, particularly relatively low-cost programs like his.

I don't think that Britain wants to lose their status as a 'space friendly' nation...

The London Space Week is coming soon also (Begin of October)... There will be important people there...

Everything IMO! DYOR!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SAS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.