LYC 2.53% $6.68 lynas rare earths limited

What's not to like?...

1. 1,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1884
    There are many moving parts driving the Lynas share price but one that gets overlooked is the integrity and commitment of this company. Most FA doesn't include an analysis of the moral compass that guides the company policies but it's good to have a grip on the intangibles that influence the company...

The integrity of Lynas can be illustrated by it's commitment to JARE. It is my impression that Amanda highly values this relationship as JARE was there to help Lynas through the most difficult of times. There is little doubt that JARE could have played their hand differently to make things very hard on Lynas but we all know how the story evolved. Anyway, the fact that Lynas will keep their word on long term agreements illustrates their commitment to Amanda's stated strategy...

Commitment to the the community is another area where Lynas excels. Lynas is instrumental in completing local Malaysian projects (such as a library) and has really taken the the time to get to know the local community. As a result Lynas has blended in and is actually expanding it's Malaysian operation. Once again, this is a testament to the Lynas commitment to Kuantan and illustrates confidence in general in the Malaysian government...

I don't think it is a double top secret that Lynas has had difficult relations with the community in the past, but the fact is that Lynas took extraordinary steps to ensure the community that the LAMP was safe. Equally important, they educated the community with the science and engineering that constantly monitors the safe operation of the facility...

It can be argued that Lynas still faces politically motivated environmental issues however the political future looks pretty stable contrary to a recent HC post featuring fake news about the upcoming election. I just read an article on the upcoming elections in the South China Morning Post and to quote; "A Pakatan Harapan victory – unlikely according to neutral pollsters..."

Pakatan Harapan is the opposition to Najib (BN) who never seems to lose an election...

Anyway my point here is that the political risks in Malaysia have been mitigated by the exceptional role Lynas has played in developing community relations and a lot can be said  for much of the Lynas staff  relocating to Kuantan...

Bottom line, it's kind of nice knowing that my investment is not going to end up financing a new wild RE scheme (like it did at one time)... Lynas has emerged a company quite unlike anything I have ever seen. The metrics are outstanding, the story compelling and the markets are growing. What's not to like?

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/polit...could-go-wrong-najib-when-malaysia-goes-polls

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.68
Change
0.165(2.53%)
Mkt cap ! $6.229B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.57 $6.69 $6.56 $13.54M 2.047M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
20 8124 $6.67

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.68 24357 45
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.16pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$6.64
  Change
0.165 ( 2.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
$6.56 $6.69 $6.56 3350827
Last updated 14.34pm 07/05/2024 ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.