MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

what's really changed, page-17

1. iam
    1,149 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Hi Jedda8

With regards to your statement:

'I can afford to wait, but I must admit I am feeling worried for the friends and family I told about this share and am feeling a little bit worried and guilty should it not turn out so good.

I may be out of order here, so I apologise if I am but I think we have all been there at some stage in our lives:)

I believe you would have given your 'friends and family' a tip because of your sentiments towards MEO. You did so in all honesty and in good faith.

It was then up to them to do their own research into the Company and reach their own conclusions. Therefore I don't think you should feel guilty for their final decision whether or not to invest in the company.

We often recommend particular brands, hotels or whatever based on our own experiences. Sometimes this is just in conversation. If it doesn't turn out the same for others (is a lemon) it isn't your fault if it doesn't live up to their expectations - only if you manufactured the brand or ran the hotel yourself. If you were paid for some financial advice then that is a different matter.

You recommended MEO based on your own speculations, but where it goes is up to MEO management. If your friends or family blame you in the event of a downturn (which is doubtful but possible) then they may need to assess their own investment risk factor. Also they need to decide if they want either a short or long term investment.

We should add a disclaimer in our conversations, as we do in HC, when talking about investing. This can be as simple as 'it is a speculative stock and therefore risky, you may also have to wait a while for a return on your investment'.

Ultimately we all learn our lessons from both sides of such experiences. Sometimes these can be expensive. On a material sense this can be recovered but emotionally can be a bit more of a problem.

Guilt is a difficult emotion to manage so don't let it manifest where it is not warranted. Unfortunately MEOmites are feeling a myriad of emotions ATM.

This is not advice - just a point of view.

#:>))

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.