MOC 0.00% $1.95 mortgage choice limited

ruby101, are you saying that it is better for the RBA to...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ruby101,

are you saying that it is better for the RBA to position itself as soon as possible with a lower interest rate so that WHEN the RBA starts to raise interest rates they can then raise from a lower base?

As I see it the situation today is

1) low rates are hear for the longer term NOT the short term
    2) don't expect the RBA to lower rates tomorrow
    3) the last rate drop has not yet had time to bite and the RBA doesn't have a lot of room left to move downwards so will want to keep its powder dry a bit longer
    4) rates are low all around the world and have been staying down (including the US) for a considerable period - don't expect this to change any time soon
    5) any rate rise in the US is going to be a very slow exercise as they won't want to see the US$ get too strong and if it does then further rate increases will be delayed and delayed, or possibly kept to the barest minimum.
    6) some might question if the US economy is actually as strong as the US would like us to believe. The US certainly won't want to slam the brakes on any perceived green shoots of growth and stifle things completely
    7) I expect the RBA will sit on their hands for a while and let things run their course a little longer. A rate cut this month - unlikely, next month - maybe, April - strong possibility

All this should be positive for MOC as I see it

IMHO
    Just my rambling thoughts
    DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MOC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.