AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Whats the chance?, page-104

1. 2,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2636
    AP's future value depends entirely on it having a fully functional chip that does everything that it has been promoted as being able to do. In the absence of a convincing demonstration of that as a clearly and incontrovertibly achieved goal, discussion on HC is just words back and forth between people having one opinion vs those with a conflicting opinion. At the end of the day who cares what another persons opinion is? The important thing is what is true. Without definitive information, that at any given point in time may not yet be available, there is nothing that can be said here on HC that will convince others either way. Further, there is no good reason to try to convince others one way or the other.

There is however a not so good reason: namely, to try to persuade people to sell their shares at a low price so that the one doing the persuading can gobble them up. Such a strategy necessitates convincing holders who don't know what to think about the company and its product, that the company is a dog or lemon and/or that its management is at worst deceitful and at best criminally negligent. There's nothing quite so galvanising of panic than telling people that they are being scammed in some way. Its a lot like yelling FIRE! in a crowded cinema.

And guess what. When such an opportunity to do so arises posters regularly appear out of nowhere to push opinions of exactly that flavour. What is the opportunity?
    1) Everyone was expecting very positive imminent announcements - but either was no announcement or the announcements was not clearly good enough.
    2) The promise of fulfilment of that expectation rests on trust that the company has the integrity and the skills needed to complete the job.
    3) The situation gives ample space to create doubt and uncertainty.
    4) Many posters want their cake now, not another day. Patience is wearing thin. As Gary Larson would say: the chickens are restless.
    5) Those pushing the FUD can do so anonymously and shoulder no responsibility for anything they say. They can even push complete lies as being likelihoods. Who's to stop them or demand proof?

You are. You be the judge. The shares you own are yours. Do whatever you see fit with them. Nobody is making you hold on to them.

Over many years I have hopefully tried to call readers back only to the only facts that we know, namely the things that the company has disclosed or announced in a legally significant forum: the ASX. It's not my job to fight the trolls for anyone else. Of course I hold a lot of AKP shares. I hold a lot of other shares too. But AKP's SP goes up and down with such monotonous regularity that I simply note how many zeroes my portfolio shifts from week to week. Why would I try to force it back up where I think it ought to be? I do not intend to sell until they are worth either a lot more or a lot less. And that is not a day to day question. So why do I post positive opinions? Because it will give me pleasure to see others who have also invested money in a transformative company do well out of their risk taking and patience. And I also don't like to see scammers prosper. I do not think they are much better than conmen tricking old ladies or children out of their cash.

But enough from me. DYOR and make your own decisions based on whatever information you trust. That is what it all comes down to.
    Last edited by BobF: 10/11/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.