AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

I am not trying to cross sell but just want to talk about...

1. 697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215
    I am not trying to cross sell but just want to talk about another company which I think has a similarity with AKP. I hold some shares in FGR and am not sure if I am going to keep it or sell now and buy later. FGR has one of the best graphene products in the world a bit like we have the best speakers. Graphene can be mixed with a lot of things and it makes everything stronger. Bit like APK speakers can be used in various industries. FGR have done a lot of trials with a lot of industry partners in last 2 years with all successful results. A small amount can be used in concrete to make it stronger and reduce cement use, A mining company tried graphene coating on equipment for 12 months and results were a lot better when compared to one without coating. A company has used it in swimming pool manufacturing reducing the amount of material. Products have been successfully tried in boat manufacturing. Steel blue shoes launched a product with graphene after 2 years of trials. FGR has subdivided sales in to various industry segments and hired industry expert managers with links to sell graphene products. All these efforts but hardly any sale. Only steel blue boots and a mask company bought some graphene and FGR is far from break even.

What I have seen is that its not easy to sell even if the product is ground breaking. For example, I think that Apple would have already planned their 2022 release and bought chips, etc to make those phones. To incorporate new speaker technology might not be possible till 2024 model launch. They would like to use the current stock of speakers before jumping on to the new one. Back to FGR, they have gone one step ahead and made various masterbatch products which can be used directly in manufacturing process without much changes. For example they have a product with graphene mixed with bitumen. This can be directly mixed with other material when laying down roads without any change in the process. All these trials and new products are done in collaboration with industry but still no sales after a very long time. No one is in hurry. Similarly for us a car company used thousands of parts and speaker is one of them. They would definitely want a better speaker but might not be as excited as us shareholders.

Obviously the board didn't get any orders till now and therefore they are trying to make products which can be mailed to various companies to get more attention. If that doesn't work then they will have to make more changes. You can't say that here is our product and you do whatever you need to do to use it in your product. Instead it could be more like we will make these xyz changes so that you don't have to do much and our speaker will fit just like your current speaker and reduce battery use. I hope it doesn't take that long for us or get that desperate but you never know. Hope Fred does a good job in promoting and multiple companies are waiting in line. However, it doesn't appear that they are willing to throw money or place orders yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.