PPP 0.00% 3.7¢ pan pacific petroleum nl

Just an idea, but I would imagine the healthy discount in the...

1. 49 Posts.
    Just an idea, but I would imagine the healthy discount in the oppies is due to the fact that expiry is around the corner - which means all the option holders need to stump up 15c to convert to fully paids. Now if some people bought a truck load looking for a good run prior to mid June then they would be happy to sell at a discount rather than convert (especially if they don't have the necessary cash to convert).
    Eg. if you bought 1,000,000 options at 3c you would need $150,000 to convert to heads - that is a significant amount of cash for some investors in speculative stocks. Thus it probably is preferable to sell some on the market even at a discount, remember converting options means having a period when you can't sell.

I am not casting a negative view on PPP, I hope it does go to 30c for all holders - but that is my view on why there is a healthy discount.

I wouldn't know the exact date by which you would need to convert, but it within the next three or four weeks to make sure that you don't miss the deadline.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.