5GG 5.88% 4.8¢ pentanet limited

Hi harry and thanks. It will be interesting to see how the...

1. 18,286 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3799
    Hi harry and thanks.

It will be interesting to see how the launch goes.
    NVIDIA is aiming at global expansion so I expect wants to incentivise Pentanet to roll out the coverage to as many areas as possible and as fast as possible?

Personally, (as a non-binary layman),I don’t think your concerns a competitor will come in and gazump Pentanet by buying GFN servers before it gets exclusivity are a major issue.
    -The last half-yearly [link] says NVIDIA and Pentanet management are working collaboratively.
    -That doesn’t sound to me like Pentanet expects NVIDIA to suddenly backstab it by selling to a competitor as well.​
    - And how many competitors are out there with a spare $4 to $12 million to throw at a bunch of servers that have not even been beta tested in Australia?​
    .... and who would sign up with them, even if they did?​
    - There has been no forward advertising by the theoretical cashed up competitor!​

I have no idea how cloud gaming works but -from that layperson perspective - I imagine management is hoping to see a brilliant beta - one that gives confidence tens of thousands will subscribe to the 5GG GFN service and that, if so, it will start rolling out new servers as fast as possible?

...And if $4 million bought 12, they cost $333,000 each?
    Depending on how many licenses are sold per server, this initial expense may not be that significant as, once customers are signed up, there is potential they will continue subscribing automatically and long term?

Maybe someone with better knowledge can add to these thoughts?

cheers

PS See Pentanet’s web site for notes on the way it is preparing to launch GFN, including intentions to test other networks during the closed beta period:
    [27/01/21 Pentanet is bringing 'GeForce NOW' Cloud Gaming service to Australia in 2021]
    Last edited by sabine: 17/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.003(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $20.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.0¢ 4.7¢ $27.18K 562.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 147164 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 2578 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5GG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.