5GG 5.00% 4.2¢ pentanet limited

whats the go with this nvidia thing, page-3

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51

yeah hi there aaronohhh, nice to meet you. Sounds like you are trying to work this one out too. Thank you for your advice to slowly read one of these prospectuses, geez these documents are so long and boring. Who reads these? It was my first time, never reading one again!
    still struggling a little bit to work out how these rivers of gold you speak of are going to be made on this very risky venture? The most recent announcement doesnt even talk pricing, nor what sort of volumes of customers needed to justify a business. The sort of money being spent here looks material, over 50% of the cash raised is being soent on same unproven game servers ($12m out of $22m).

considering if pentanet are not even pioneering this for Australia (Microsoft started Project xCloud late 2020 in Australia), it feels like its a bit of a bet of All Risk and no reward? Going up against the behemoth of microsoft only ever ends in tears. Speaking of which, even microsoft doesnt talk much abiut their gaming cloud product, hmmm, maybe there is not much uptake ? thinking out loud, if nvidia product works, what’s to stop customers from jumping over to another provider that could offer this? (Nothing to stop Nvidia from deploying the servers themselves, using Pentanet as the test case for if it will work in Australia) Gamers are probably unlikely to want to commit to any form of contract for something like this. Looks like the gamer has to pay a fee to access the server, and then pay for games on top of this - so is this like paying $15 monthly to netflix and then paying another $5 for every movie / tv show you watch? Plus whats this about the nvidia platform only offering a limited amount of games, hmm that kinda shoots themselves in the foot, as gamers would want to be abke tompay any game they wanted - would you pay $15/month to spotify if Spotify only let you listen to ABBA? . Some buddies said the EoI thing, did not say how much they were going to charge potential customers, so off course people will sign up for something that is free, to test out…What’s your take on this and what else am I missing?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.