5GG 5.26% 4.5¢ pentanet limited

Have to say gregrasbooten nailed one thing in the OP from 2...

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    Have to say gregrasbooten nailed one thing in the OP from 2 months ago. (I've only just read this thread today).

In the prospectus the use of funds allocated $4m capex onto buying 12 gaming servers, yet looking at the terms of the non-exclusive agreement with nvidia, pentanet has to buy 36 game servers to tick the box for 12 months exclusivity. Does this mean pentanet are only going to do a non-exclusive arrangement with Nvidia, as the directors signed off on only spending $4m on servers? Where else does the unbudgeted-$8m of cash for the extra 24 game servers going to come from ?

Today's capital raising announcement includes the increase in order of RTX servers from 18 to 36 which grants them the 1 year exclusivity. It also seems to have extended the start of exclusivity period, to the earlier of Commercial Launch, or 31 October (previously 31 May).

I'm very interested in telco and very much hope the Terragraph rollout succeeds because it is both technically interesting and would provide much needed competition and hopefully better service to customers. Am also a gamer so I'm interested to see how well GeForce NOW ends up working. But from an investment POV it's hard to see how the numbers will work out given there are no forecasts for GFN, and there are also very few Terragraph networks actually in production globally.

I think it would help investors if 5GG would publish some high-level forecasts. They would no doubt have internal modelling of what they hope to achieve and I think it would give investors some comfort if those goals were shared so we could have something to measure the business against (i.e. 6 months ago you said X, you have/have not hit X, why?).

Anyway, high risk, high reward. GLTAH.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 5GG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.5¢
Change
-0.003(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $20.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.5¢ $30.13K 655.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 222212 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 21176 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.04pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
5GG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.