CHF 0.00% 1.9¢ charter pacific corporation limited

"The options expired when the share price was lower than...

1. 2,453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 32
    "The options expired when the share price was lower than conversion price, so I would expect not many were converted. If somebody did convert a lot, then their actions should be investigated for possible insider trading activities, as no new news was forthcoming to the general public before options expiry....

I guess it became quiet because the company didn't release any 'humdinger' news to fire the conversion of options before they expired. Any other opinions/factual reasons anybody?"

I think the other poster was referring to the company's option to proceed with the acquisition. Not the company options that were trading on the ASX.

Re the traded and now lapsed options, I don't see why anyone should be investigated. If I had 2 or 3 million options I'd much rather convert and pay just 12c than have to pay much much higher prices acquiring that same amount of stock on the market.

CHF is very tightly held and this capital structure will help it rise quickly when good news is released. You can't secure a sizeable position in CHF shares without stepping up and paying higher prices (unless you are exercising options, because this way you pay a fixed price).

Point I'm trying to make is you should consider liquidity. Just because the shares last traded at 10c doesn't mean you can pick up 300k at 10 or even 12c.

Another advantage of exercising options is you don't need to pay brokerage. And people exercising "a lot of" options would save "a lot of money" there too.

I would think that option holders who like the acquisition will exercise the options for those reasons and I wouldn't be surprised to see a broker or 2 get in on the action. But that's just what I'd do, so could be wrong

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CHF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.