MCR 0.00% $1.39 mincor resources nl

Signature,Hope you are NOT counting on too much profit atm from...

1. 13,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1053
    Signature,

Hope you are NOT counting on too much profit atm from MCR.

With pon hovering around A$9, MCR's cash costs around $6, total probably well over $7/lb I don't see too much margin.

Let's say 20,000 tpa Ni in ore, approx 26 mm lb payable. At A$2/lb margin that is A$36mm pa NPAT, or 18 cps. Considering the risk of that margin being squeezed further I would not get too excited. A $/lb swing in the pon at these levels has huge impact on MCR profitability.

In this market, I prefer the higher margin plays, eg IGO or better WSA if it get's cheap enough.

Warren Buffet looks for sustainable and defendable margins. I am therefore certain that if he was investing in the nickel space he'd be attracted to WSA, but avoid MCR like the plague.

I actually have great respect for Moore, and believe MCR will grow over the years in line with it's track record, however one or two tough years would not suprise me - the price you pay in a downturn for being a high volume, low margin player. MCR will shine again when this market has killed the supply response that should have occurred - I however am not that patient atm.

However please DYOR and ignore me, I have been wrong on nearly every stock I have touched all year.

EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.