COE 0.00% 18.0¢ cooper energy limited

whats the story with tax loss selling, page-3

1. 20,475 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2023
    Jesimore

The law you are referring to is Wash legislation. Essentially you are not allowed to sell a share and then buy it back just to claim a loss. They also will examine whether you have sold the stock to a spouse.or SMSF They key test is the primary reason for selling needs to be something else other than tax minimisation if you are going to buy it back at a similar price and a similar amount

Tricha - PE of 58 I beleive is reliant on the recent hartleys analysis which assumes $90 oil price prod in the mid 300K barrels, no other finds and a spend of 30 million on exploration. In summary it assumes requirwes oil to drop by about 50$ and stay there and for cooper to spend $30 with zero sucess. Note the same figure was used in the Fin Review a few days ago when referring to Coopers forward PE.This is why one needs to do theor own research as opposed to rehash others research. To date I have found the Veritas analysis of COE to be the best although they have not provided any research that is recent

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.