ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

I'm curious about the complete lack of announcements in the last...

1. 186 Posts.
    I'm curious about the complete lack of announcements in the last few months.

Many posters here seem to agree that we are due updates on reserves, flow rates and commerical agreements as well as for the Concept Plan.

I have to say, having had a lot of dealings with Department of Planning, I am not holding my breath for the concept plan but all the other elements should be sitting there and ready to update.

So why are we not getting news and when will we?

Here are a few ideas that I have about why they may be holding back and what the strategy might be. I'd welcome other views.

1. News is being stockpiled to use in defence against a hostile low bid. To ensure that nobody can take out the company for under $2 (or some other target price) the board has a series of flow and reserve upgrades ready to mobilise should a hostile bid be made. This would encourage shareholders to say know.

2. A deal has been done with Santos and the price agreed. The price needs to be justified by a higher initial SP so it is being held back to be released in a rush in the weeks before a Santos bid is announced. This might be timed to coincide with a decision to proceed with Gladstone.

3. The board are waiting for a bid and will then use a stream of announcements to flush out another bidder (not really sure how that could work).

4. The board is deliberately maintaining a low profile to discourage an early takeover bid (though not sure how this fits with DC's international tour).

So as you can see I haven't got a clue but it seems something is up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.