ATS 11.1% 1.2¢ australis oil & gas limited

What's there to like about Australis?

1. 789 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    I have been accumulating ATS shares for about a year now. My initial parcel was at 14c (yep, ouch!) but I've seen the most recent period as a big buy opportunity and have been able to accumulate a decent amount of units. A number of really good factors into why I've done this (sourced by various means including interviews and presentations) that are, but not limited to:

1. TMS is a largely undeveloped play with 49MM bbls proven reserves.
    2. Australis has a decent hedge book and as such continues to make operating profits, even during peak COVID.
    3. Australis produces LLS, which has a premium above WTI.
    4. Leasing costs are significantly lower than other mature shale plays (we are talking hundreds $ per acre, not tens of thousands)
    5. Low debt balance which can be easily repaid by operating revenue.
    6. Financially very well managed. Will have an accounting loss this year due to write downs (as with most oil companies), but operationally continue to remain profitable.
    7. Not located on Federal land - big advantage if Biden gets elected and puts a ban on federal drilling permits.
    8. Reduced productivity in more conventional plays, overleveraged competitors and higher D&C costs per well means medium term supply of US shale may restrict, with remaining companies looking for attractive opportunities such as the TMS.
    9. A successful management team and strategy. They have done this before with Aurora to create shareholder value (have built on an undeveloped play valued at 20c per share and then sold for $4.20 per share)

Obviously there's your normal Macro risks so highly recommend DYOR to form your own view, and welcome any other comments and opinions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.002(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $15.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $6.511K 500.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 5675892 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.4¢ 2301305 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.