MLS 5.00% 1.9¢ metals australia ltd

1. There were 3 dozen trades today (7/2) & yes, 4M odd shares...

1. 56 Posts.
    1. There were 3 dozen trades today (7/2) & yes, 4M odd shares isn't a lot out of 3/4Bn, though a good deal larger volume for MLS than most days recently. I don't know how many sellers there were - perhaps only one with he/she just feeding them out slowly - so as not to 'crash' the price too much -that's what I'd do if I wanted to dump my 2+M MLS - which I don't plan to do.

2. Yeah, the Middle East, or something, pushed the market down today, though my portfolio of "penny-dreadfuls" was +ve except for MLS - which dragged me back $7,860 overall!

2 The Namibian Dept of Mines had already "sat" on the MLS renewal for a year whilst there was no acknowledged reason given for that great delay. One would expect that the paperwork was being assessed during much of this time. That's where I heard Mr A was "well connected" - he was trying to negotiate a deal with MLS management - which MLS would not entertain (or even admit was in progress). I surmise Mr A made the Mines Dept aware that there COULD become a problem with MLS's tenement ownership, & so the MLS renewal was put "on hold". You could call this a conspiracy if you wish - as I don't believe the Mines Dept, in the normal course of business, would have the power to "sit on" a renewal for many months just on the say-so" of Mr A ....
    Mr A eventually went public & took MLS to court .....

2. I've heard there's over 2 dozen members on the tenement review board which meets roughly once / month. Each one can have an input to a tenement renewal. I surmise there is an environmental rep on the board. & with some 28 members there would be room for a tourism rep ....

3. There HAS been "noise" from the Naminian tourism industry that they stronly object to any more uranium mining in the vicinity of the Rossing operations.

In the normal couse of events, I wouldn't expect the tourism industry to carry much weight. But, is the playing field as level as we expect it to be?

4. I still believe the tenement renewal paperwork was in progress/well progressed some 3 years ago, & this should put the MLS renewal to the "top of the pile" as a result of the Court ruling .....

5. Fact is, for some reason, we wait & wait .....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.9¢
Change
-0.001(5.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.9¢ 2.0¢ 1.9¢ $1.775K 90.76K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 1502071 1.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 104020 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.34pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.