AAD 0.00% $1.49 ardent leisure group

What's up?, page-150

1. 3,852 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 745
    Ok- pictures are missing- but the text is there:

Gold Coast’s Dreamworld: rides being triple checked as park prepares to reopen

EVERY ride and slide at Dreamworld will be triple checked by the world’s best engineers before anyone is allowed on board as operators prepare to reopen for the first time since four people were killed there.
    Rides at the park and its neighbour WhiteWater World have been idle since the disaster, but activity inside has been intense, with operators instigating a three-stage safety audit which will continue beyond the partial reopening tomorrow.
    Paul Callander, the parks’ executive general manager of commercial and development, said the company had gone above its formal safety responsibilities.

EARLIER: DREAMWORLD REOPENS WITH CHARITY FUNDRAISER
    In addition to extensive checks by more than 60 in-house engineers, the company has appointed two external companies — one domestic and one international — to go over every centimetre of the attractions.
    “Work by the external consultants will continue “as long as it needs to” to ensure every ride and slide is safe.”
    The company was ordered by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland to fix 10 safety issues, which they have done, Mr Callander said.
    “Dreamworld is absolutely a safe place, I will continue to put my kids on the rides,” he said.
    “I certainly wouldn’t do that if it wasn’t safe and I’ll be doing that over the weekend for sure.”
    Sydney-based engineering company Pitt & Sherry are undertaking an audit which will be peer reviewed by UK-based Leisure Technical Consultants, whose clients include Village Roadshow Theme Parks as well as others across the United Kingdom, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
    Flowers at a memorial at the front of Dreamworld on November 9 after four people died at the park.
    Work by the external consultants will continue “as long as it needs to” to ensure every ride and slide is safe.
    “We’ve committed to a safe process that will run as long as it needs to ensure the safety of all our rides,” Mr Callander said.
    “Our board put in place the three-staged process — I’m not aware of that being done in any other park domestically or internationally.
    “We’ve put all the measures in place to reassure our guests.”
    Dreamworld tragedy victims Kate Goodchild Luke Dorsett Roozi Araghi and Cindy Low. Picture: Supplied

EARLIER: THE TERRIBLE DAY FOUR DIED AT PARK
    Managers of the park realise not everyone will share their confidence in theme park rides after the disaster on one which was considered the mildest. Dreamworld has spent part of the six-week closure working on enhancing its other entertainment and attractions to ensure non-riding guests can make the most of the park.
    Police at the scene of the Dreamworld ride tragedy. Pics Adam Head
    “It’s an individual thing — knowing what I know, I’m still confident to go on rides,” Mr Callander said.
    “I get that this makes people question the rides that they go on.”

DREAMWORLD FOUNDER’S GRIEF
    But it’s not just the confidence of guests which will take some restoration — those pushing the start button need to trust it.
    Emergency service personnel at Dreamworld. Picture: NIGEL HALLETT
    “Some of our team members, our engineers and ride operators, it’s a journey we’re taking them through.
    “We’ve got to reassure them — all that process is making sure of that.”
    Dreamworld and WhiteWater World will reopen tomorrow, with part of all admission fees being donated to the Givit appeal for those affected by the tragedy. You can find out more about the appeal and how to donate here.
    Last edited by jhunt: 09/12/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AAD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.