MYX 0.00% $4.48 mayne pharma group limited

" Buffett encourages investors to always understand when they...

1. 80 Posts.
    " Buffett encourages investors to always understand when they buy a stock, they aren't simply buying a number, instead they're buying a part -- however small or large -- of a tangible business and the future earnings it generates.
    And when we view investments in stocks as tangible businesses we have an ownership stake in, exponentially more often than not, one headline or tough few months shouldn't change our opinion on the business itself."

In a 2011 study of behavioral patterns and resulting investment performance of more than 65,000 investors from 1991-1996, Dr. Brad Barber and Dr. Terrance Odean found the 20% least active traders outperformed the 20% most active traders by an astounding 7 percentage points a year.

In other words, $1,000 invested in 1991 might've been worth $2,750 in 1996 for the "buy-and-hold investors" versus $1,900 for those investors who trade most actively, a difference of roughly 50%.
    Buffett once said, "The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient."

So we need to look at the quality of MYX,

1. MYX is over 100 years old.  Longevity is proven!
    2. Strong Management team: -

Mr. Corbett has been involved in the retail industry for more than 40 years. In 1984, Mr. Corbett joined the board of David Jones Australia as a Director of Operations and in 1990 was appointed to the board of Woolworths Limited and to the position of Managing Director of Big W. In 1999, Mr. Corbett was appointed Chief Executive Officer of Woolworths Limited, from which he retired in 2006. Mr. Corbett is a Director of the Reserve Bank of Australia, a director of Wal-Mart Stores, Chairman of Fairfax Media Limited and Chairman of PrimeAg Australia Limited.

3.  Strong Financials:- exhibit strong financial health rating scores according to Lincoln Indicators methodology.

4. The stock is undervalued !

5. Strong portfolio of drugs!

In Sept 2016, MYX was trading over $2.  Now it is trading at $1.10 and has acquired acquired Teva portfolio. So basically you are getting TEVA for next to nothing.

So if you follow Warren's advise,  "The stock market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient."  Why do you need to sell if nothing has changed!

For me I have been accumulating MYX and decreasing my cost.

Last edited by antprojects: 23/05/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MYX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.