AMP 0.45% $1.13 amp limited

what's wrong with AMP?!, page-264

1. 6,585 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 287
    Hi,
    I still have a problem with the litigation and the demerger.
    The court approval to allow the scheme to proceed will require that the scheme is fair to all , shareholders , debt holders and other creditors .
    This includes ''reasonably forseen creditors'' ?
    If AMP loses , and we can argue that one either way , but it is a possibility, then a liability arises.
    Who pays?
    The potential liability is large , probably too much for each of the separate bits , and even if not , reduces the security of those potential ,reasonably forseen creditors , as well as the debtors in the entity responsible.
    How they apportion that potential liability is hard , not least because it would force them to put a figure on it [ which they have quite rightly avoided doing up till now ].
    Not sure the courts will take , ''I think we will win '' as an answer.
    So I can see the litigants lawyers throwing a spanner into the scheme demerger , court approval process.
    If that sort of intervention were to happen , and succeed in delaying things , then forget the own goal , more shooting off both feet and picking off the genitals on the way through.

Which, by the way ,would leave my agenda as road kill , so if there is a flaw in my argument , i will be glad to hear it.
    cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.