DJIA 0.31% 26,683 dow jones industrials

whats wrong with this picture, page-2

1. 8,619 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374
    Yes, it's a bear market. Let's just be frank about it. But bear markets can finish as soon as they started because the market looks forward.

Yes this could be a viscious bear market where markets fall 50%....which should be max.

Although there are massive contradictions.

1. while the market is falling oil is saying there is high demand and short supply. Really? When economies are slowing demand is high?

2. While markets are crumbling the BRIC economies are surging. China is still building. Russia, Middle East have more petrodollars than they know what to do with. Dow Jones may keep falling but will start to look attractive to these people.

3. GM, Citigroup and many other stocks (financials) down 70% from their high! That's alot and goes beyond bear market. If financials are first to bounce before the next bull market then we should be closer to the end than the beginning.We've already had mega crashes in ABS, CNP, CGF, BNB and a few bankruptcies (Bear Stearns, MFS and others).

So how much further to fall? My crystal ball is never so accurate. But look at the financials. That's the key. They are closer to the end than the beginning.
    If not then I guess we'll see ANZ at $10, NAB at $15 and so on.

And if that happens then yes you are right. Be cashed up because then you wanna pile into stocks because there'll be money to be made.

So I am excited and not fearful because opportunities are coming up. As money people lost alot of money in 1930 and 1987 alot of people managed to buy beaten stocks and made money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DJIA (INDEXDJX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.