WHC 0.26% $7.65 whitehaven coal limited

WHC vs NHC I high is better value

1. 697 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Like most here I have what I would call as being substantial positions in both, as I am not using my super and just investing using savings. However if you were going to open a new position which one would be better value.
    Both have very similar production portfolios and both have been big winners over the last 18 months or so. The Market cap of NHC is lagging for a few reasons such as pressure from the convertible notes and the fact sol owns such a big stake they can’t do the 25% buy back that WHC is doing unless they want to basically sell the company to sol. However with Narrambi dragging on and WHC seemingly having little interest in rapidly developing Winchester South or the Vickery extension. Based on the aggressive nature of the buy back. You would think if they were desperate to get those projects up as soon as possible they would be hording cash a little more. NHC on the other hand seem to be moving on New Ackland and have had some other project wins recently. This makes me think maybe NHC might have better growth prospects. However the huge purchase by Raymond at about 8.00 is highly encouraging and maybe it is prudent to wait for the coal price to settle before going ahead with prospects to get better guidance of their profitability.Thoughts?

in summary new money WHC or NHC?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$7.65
Change
0.020(0.26%)
Mkt cap ! $6.399B
Open High Low Value Volume
$7.69 $7.71 $7.64 $24.66M 3.217M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 22151 $7.64

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$7.66 12306 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.