wheels coming off for abbott, page-46

1. 4,045 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ACB - I really don't know why you bother defending Abbott over this issue.

I'm not defending Abbott or anyone else, I'm just pointing out the obvious - this is politics, nothing more and nothing less.

Absa Fron12 - it will hurt and annoy the profiteering cigarette companies and that can only be a good thing. It certainly won't hurt anyone else.

I disagree, it won't hurt the cigarette companies at all, because people will continue to smoke.

And it's not a win win for all. As I said before - This is quite simply the ALP attacking the funding of the Coalition. As usual, the ALP will fail here also imo. Think about it - who will suffer because of plain packaging?

The advertising/printing companies that are paid by the cigarette companies.

Not the cigarette companies, their profits will probably increase due to the advertising/printing money they'll save, so therefore the ALP won't hurt the Coalition's funding.

123enen - Thank you for that link, I did not know that, I thought "plain packaging" meant just that. Apparently not, so I stand corrected. And I think it's a good thing to have those pics on the packs, they might not stop people from smoking, but imo it doesn't hurt.

However, I'm currently holding in my hand a packet of "Choice" brand cigarettes from my neighbour. The pack colour is a gold / tan colour and "Choice" is displayed in white writing. It's pretty bland as it is? So how can changing the colour around the disgusting pics work as a deterrent?

My neighbour doesn't like the pics, so guess what she has? A little box that the packet slides into, so the pics can't be seen. A very pretty box, with "bling" looking things all over it. The only time you can see the actual cigarette packet is when she replaces an empty pack with a full pack.

And according to that article.....

All cigarette packaging will be olive green - the colour least attractive for smokers - said Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon.

Really Nicola? Smokers don't like the colour Olive Green? Well I didn't know that, it must be a nicotine side effect that I was unaware of lol.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.