Just speaking to friends and family, and observing the reactions...

1. 216 Posts.
    Just speaking to friends and family, and observing the reactions of live audiences and reading the comments on Fairfax comments pages, there seems to still be strong support for the government, or it may be an equally strong dislike of the opposition.

Sure when you look at the polls, the labor party are likely to suffer a severe loss, but its still far far too early, and these low figures don't correlate with the views as I mentioned above - comments pages, live audiences and those around us.

I firmly believe the Australian people will and I'd say already have come to realise that the opposition are not fit to lead this nation. During the labor opposition right after rudd took over, the public saw a credible team that could govern. We don't see that with this current opposition, with Abbott as PM, Joe as treasurer, andrew robb as finance, dutton as health minister. I've observed these members in press conferences and their performances have been less than competent. Particularly, Joe right after the budgets have been handed down.

During the last election, we saw just as much venom and hatred on the airways regarding the Rudd/Gillard government, yet they still won, its likely that history will repeat itself at the next election.

You see, to win an election you can't simply rely on hardened right wing liberal voters, you must get the support of labor and greens voters. This is how rudd won, and quite frankly abbot and his current team are incapable of doing this, so what will the atmosphere be like when abbot looses again?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.