when christ returns, will he find any faith

1. 9,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 169
    I'd like to share an interesting Bible study with you

Luke 18 8

I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?

this verse poses the question, when Christ returns, what faith will he actually be looking for?

Matthew 7 13 14

Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

another interesting verse, because now days according to Wikipedia (I hate using them as a reference but) there are approximately 2 billion Christians (or people who identify as Christianity being their religion)

so if there are 2 billion Christians, why would there be a narrow gate, and few that be that find it,

and what is the faith He is looking for?

Matthew 7 21-24

Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!

Here, Christ is saying, to enter into the kingdom of heaven, it's not enough to just call on the name of Christ, because when these people said "Lord, Lord, did we not...in your name?" Christ did not deny that they did, just that they were still evildoers.

so people could be so-called Christians, calling on the name of Christ and still be evil doers.

then what is the faith He is looking for?

The last book of the bible tells us plainly.

The last book of the bible is called Revelation and it's important to get a background of who the author was.

The author was John, an original disciple of Christ, one of the twelve, and he wrote of visions he received from an angel of God.

Revelation starts out with a vision for some churches and could just as easily be messages for individuals today.

Revelation 2 2-5

2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

4 Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. 5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place

Here is a message to repent, or when Christ returns, he will remove your lampstand.

Revelation 2 12 16

13 “I know your works, and where you dwell, where Satan’s throne is. And you hold fast to My name, and did not deny My faith even in the days in which Antipas was My faithful martyr, who was killed among you, where Satan dwells. 14 But I have a few things against you, because you have there those who hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed to idols, and to commit sexual immorality. 15 Thus you also have those who hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. 16 Repent, or else I will come to you quickly and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth.

Here is another call to repent, TAKE NOTE that these churches still "hold fast to my name and did not deny my faith" BUT THAT IS STILL NOT ENOUGH AND NOT THE FAITH CHRIST IS LOOKING FOR.

Revelation 2 19 23

I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first.

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. 21 I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling. 22 So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways. 23 I will strike her children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds

here Christ is saying, it's not enough your love, faith, service and perseverance....

So what is?????

and who are the Saints of God???

according to Revelation 14 12

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

according to revelation 12 17

And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.[

according to Revelation 22 14

Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city.

So Revelation clearly shows us that Christ is looking for faith which is "Keeping the commandments of God, and having the testimony of Christ"

Having just the "testimony of Christ" is not enough, 2 billion people do that but narrow is the gate and few that be that find it.

and lastly i'd just like to talk about the Judgement.

Revelation 20 12 13

And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.

So here we have a clear picture of the Judgement where everyone will be judged according to their works.

So how can you become one of the saints of God and try to get your place in the new city and better your prospects in the judgement????

KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD AND HAVE THE TESTIMONY OF CHRIST.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.