PDN 1.00% $13.07 paladin energy ltd

When does the tide turn?

1. 257 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Got a fair bit of spare time on my hands out here at work so I decided to go through the March Financial Report and from what I gather they are set to lose $95M net give or take a little for the full financial year. That is at a spot price of US$35/lb. They currently have $469M cash on hand through issue of bonds (which will dilute our shares eventually) and 25% sale of LHM and a couple of other bits and bobs. Assuming they do reduce costs slightly next year (estimating $US3-4/lb) and the spot price remains the same they may end up with a total loss of $US75 million.
    This is a downward trend as the company strives to cut costs through efficiency and less spending on exploration. Add into that the ever so slowly increasing spot price and those loses in 3-4 years time should be gone leaving them with I would say a reasonable guesstimate of $US200M on hand and by that time the spot price should be a fair bit higher.
    From all of this I reckon that they require $US50/lb to start turning a profit again and at $US75/lb as they state they will consider opening up KM which will bolster volume significantly.
    So from this I believe the company is in for a few tough years which in my opinion is a great time to pick up dirt cheap shares, shares that are cheaper than they have ever been. Maybe it goes down a bit but if you are in for the long hold the company can most certainly rise back towards it's glory days. Maybe in 5 years time you will be sitting on a ten bagger if you get in at today's price. Bit to slow for some I know and that is assuming no one blows up any more reactors and if that happens U will only be good for dirty bombs!

So I ask you poppy how do you arrive at the $US75/lb before PDN begins to turn a profit? Just so you know not digging at you I agree with alot of your short term outlook but it is good to have a spirited discussion.

Please DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PDN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$13.07
Change
0.130(1.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.885B
Open High Low Value Volume
$13.00 $13.11 $12.78 $30.05M 2.315M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7872 $12.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$13.07 10550 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PDN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.