VPG 0.00% $1.79 vodafone group plc.

when is the distribution announcement due?, page-5

1. 1,989 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 120
    I reckon most LT holders would not be expecting any div this fiscal year - no guidance suggests that, and as it is the recent volatility and intraday movements would be greater than any div possible.
    My hope is that in the half yearlies, VPG is in the black and that eps is positive. Then at least can get a picture of PE and related information which will hopefully start to clarify the haze somewhat.

Ongoing concern however remains the lack of information from the company. It would be interesting to know their policy as to what constitutes a news release - there seem to be the occasional piece coming out of europe, but none appear to make it onto the Aus website. Also be interested to understand what the PR staff job duties entail.

Anyone out there know much about performance linking to bonuses/salaries as concerns directors in VPG? Be nice to know how the MD justifies the salaries, expecially if find out in the company reports they've received a bonus after he fact, while us shareholders make a negatice return (we've gone from a high of 18 to 9.9 over the last 9-10 months - I wouldn't call that a gain) - current sp for the past 52 weeks has a low of 6 and a high of 18, so I guess someone could argue we're 33% up in the range. Maybe the directors will use this to argue a 33% increase in salaries, or bonus? They'll just chalk up the previous years 95% drop to a market 'aberration' - probably something in the contracts excluding negative movements. Most companies of course pay bonuses only for postive movements - few if any ratchet back salaries/bonuses IF the company suffers - good rule to learn is to get a bonus incentivised position with a company that's volatile, since apart from the dips when nothing is paid, the rest of the time it's on the up, and all's good if you're the MD. And of course don't forget to add an exit clause with a healthy payout for doing nothing on top of the original nothing. When I studied maths, I thought multiplying zero with a number is still zero. Sounds like in our MD's case it's true unless both numbers are zero. And I thought CDOs and derivatives were confusing - gotta love the financial industry!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VPG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.