LNC 0.00% 99.5¢ linc energy ltd

when is the meeting, page-21

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    Thanks again shane.

The cetane number is so high as to be irrelevant. It is good that it is high, but above a certain level there is no improvement in performance.

re the 25% improvement in efficiency, this may apply to older engines with mechanical fuel pumps - the cetane no. would probably be more relevant here, as you could retard the timing with the quicker burning. For modern common-rail injectors, which nearly all car 4WD and many truck engines now use, the increase seems nearer 2%: see this more analytical test from Mercedes, rather than a "we drove across a desert and saved 25%" comment.

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/deer_2004/session2/2004_deer_maly.pdf

As a comparison, if my Patrol (2.4 tonnes) was to achieve a 25% fuel saving on GTL Diesel, it would be using 7.5l/100km, or 38mpg. While I would be very happy with that, it is putting the efficiency of the engine at about 60%, which is probably impossible. That is more economical than the original Mini, but with better performance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.