PEN 0.00% 11.5¢ peninsula energy limited

Your response does not follow from my view on TA. My view on TA...

1. 138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 34
    Your response does not follow from my view on TA. My view on TA vs FA is that people doing TA primarily should stick to it and not venture into fundamentals if possible because TA is about finding patterns in peoples trading which is psychology and statistics as much as anything and FA can lead TA traders astray. FA traders / speculators on the other hand can use TA to time entries and exists but they need fundamental reasons to enter and exit that can be disproven preferably not disproven by complete loss of value.

My fundamental view on PEN is that it is an asymmetric bet in that it has limited downside (it can go to zero but no further) but relatively high potential upside in percentage terms since it does have the potential to go from burning cash to making cash (arguably it already has since I bought in about a year ago) and from not being able to produce economically to being able to produce economically which is a function of both their costs and the spot / contract price.

You have been posting about how terrible pen is all year and probably for years before I took interest in PEN (I did own PEN 10 years ago but sold long before fukashima happened which was quite fortunate and not due to any skill on my part) And I have been listening and considering what you say but frankly you repeat the same points over and over and always choose the most bearish interpretation. I mean if I was to use you as a TA indicator for the times that I have seen you you would be a negative indicator and I have to guess if PEN does transition to a producer and starts producing profitable (even if it takes a significantly higher spot) your eventual capitulation to a bullish position will strongly indicate an over bought market and time for me to cash in my chips and covert my gains to ETFs.

I am also not saying this to be mean. I have been in your position where I have made significant losses on a stock and essentially stalked it like a bitter ex for a time, preaching to whoever would listen so that they might not make the same mistake. Since then I have learned a lot about position size rules and emotional discipline so I would not make the same mistakes now that I did back when I was getting started as a trader. And since my PEN trade represents less than 2% of my net worth even the prospect that it may go to zero does not effect me emotionally or in a significant material way.

So to answer your question as to why PEN might be looking into alternate capture methods / it could very well be a sign that they are not satisfied with the results. They may even be presenting what you would consider a failure in an overly positive narrative. Of course they could also be doing their job and evaluating all possible approaches to the chemistry at all stages of recovery as I would expect regardless of how good or bad they see the result because what else is there to do but refine the process while waiting for the economics of uranium itself to continue improving.

Here is a ting though, the fact that PEN is marginal or even a little bit bellow the ability to produce at a justifiable profit isn't news. It is actually the reason I am here as a holder, because if I wanted a company that is already proven I would get a company that has a more linear potential in price movement to the underlying commodity and I may as well just buy the underlying commodity. It is because of the risk and the uncertainty that I am here and I am glad I am here because despite what you say there is significantly less uncertainty now at 21 cents than there was when I bought at 6 cents due to the uranium price movements.

Normally I dont contribute much to chat because unlike others who have specialized in knowing the chemistry or others who specialize in technical I am pretty much just speculating on PEN going from not viable to marginally viable to maybe even pretty good even if it takes a $60 spot due to a much worse than expected chemistry that does not phase me in particular since I still expect a 5 to 10 fold increase just on the spot price alone and unlike when I bought in ENs ability to wait for that to happen is much more convincing now. To sum up its probably not productive for you to engage in this conversation with me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $320.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.0¢ 11.0¢ $1.492M 12.98M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1076335 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 8947533 99
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.16pm 30/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.54 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.3¢ 12.0¢ 11.3¢ 6145284
Last updated 14.36pm 30/05/2024 ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.