When should the average Joe buy property?, page-2

1. 283 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    Now I'm no expert and have alot to learn about the world of finance but here's my 2 cents anyway!

Why would most of your eggs be going into one basket?! I bought my first property at 22, only needed a 20k deposit and after first home buyers, actually only had to part with 10k. I still have cash and share investments, which all get topped up regularly, after the bills and mortgage are paid.

I understand your worries if your plan is to go and borrow a mill and live the 'high life' but that is why I only built a small 3x1, It got me into the market, which is something alot of first home buyers will be priced out of soon enough.

A smaller house also gives you the option of a nifty little investment property when the time is right!

Living with the debt can be daunting, depening on how you look at it but I believe a big part of diversifying your investments, is property. Get into the market while the interest rates are still so low!

That sinking feeling, the one you get as you pay off your landlords mortgage! I could never live with it again! When the time comes, Just be smart about where you buy and find yourself a top notch broker!
    Last edited by gms08: 09/04/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.