LYC 2.73% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

What the OP states makes perfect sense if you look at the...

1. 194 Posts.
    What the OP states makes perfect sense if you look at the history of LYC and ARU over the past few years. The importance and significance of Rare Earth Metals became evident a few years back and as LYC and ARU proved their resources and announced plans their share prices rose. But the GFC put and end to that and they plummetted, twice, only to rise again as a new wave of REE enthusiasm gathers momentum. The next crisis, or even simply a loss of interest will see the small companies such as NTU and GBE fall in price dramatically as they have almost no chance of ever being producers.

At present there are 5 likely candidates for new production of REE's and they include LYC and ARU. But these 2 are no certainties because once 3 or 4 are up and running there will be likely no need for any more, as the quantities required are not great and 3 or 4 new plants will increase world production by at least 50%. LYC will be first most likely if it can maintain it's schedule so it should be OK, but it is by no means a cetainty.

LYC:

* Have they done any trials to prove a separation process
    * How stable and reliable a partner is Malaysia
    * Will finance suvive further GFC's

ARU:

* Have announced successful trials but as yet incomplete
    * Plant in SA seems a safe move
    * Have yet to arrange finance
    * What will they do with the U that will be extracted

That is my layman's POV after reading all the REE artivles posted here and elsewhere.

I do hold shares in NTU, GBE and RSL and will take any profits here quickly as I don't really believe in their long term future. I have a decent holding in ARU which has grown over the last few years and I expect to continue holding these for some time. As yet I have no holding in LYC but I am looking to get in if there is a pullback in the share price.

The other one is ALK which is a possibility to produce but seems to be well behind LYC and ARU.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.