when to stop treatment., page-2

1. 82,971 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    going to be a brave person to give opinion on that one my friend.

You can probably get a few answers to questions generally though - it might help.

pneumonia often is the final blow - so is it terminal? if not cured, yep, most likely.

iv antibiotics IV have a lot of punch - would they tip the scales?????? probably but not necessarily. If the time is up, nothing stops the process.

when they spoke of withholding - were they referring to oral or IV - personally if I had a withholding policy I would withhold all - I can't see the point of giving oral and withholding IV.

He said 'no heroics' ---------- I don't know what that means.

To me it would certainly mean a no resus policy - but, antibiotics for a chest infection? buggered if I know.

"Up until now he has been cared for at home and has been happy to sit in his chair on the verandah looking out over the farm and taking part in the activities mentioned above. Is this a fight worth taking on?"

If it were you, what would you want?

My thoughts are with you and your FIL. I think a lot of people won't comment on this - I felt a bit uncomfortable but decided to because you asked.

If it were me I would like some input as well - so I have given my 5c worth.

I wish you all luck -------- whatever you decide will be right - as long as you decide what you think are in his best interests with the best information you have got at the time. You make the decisions - the rest is up to far greater powers. Go by that and you have done all you can.

have a great night

Pinto

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.