AMP 0.78% $1.29 amp limited

when will AMP HIT $3.00, page-2069

1. 2,328 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 331
    1. Divest AMP Life = Done at a knockdown price. Didn't have much affect on the share price
    2. Divest NZ business = Whoop dee doo. This means nothing but no doubt AMP will sell this for dimes in the dollar
    3. Reinvent advice = THis is laughable. AMP has never had a decent advice offering and every attempt to modernize the advice offering has failed. AMP dont do advice, they do product sales.
    4. Build best in class super business = Hard to believe. AMP super products have never been great and it is impossible to imagine these products suddenly becoming "best in class" any time soon.
    5. Grow successful platform business = This is laughable. AMP have never had a decent platfrom until they got National Mutuals North platform. The North platform is well behind it's competitors such as Netwealth and BT Panorama. Funds that should have been invested in tech and improvements were wasted over the last 10 years and AMP is now well behind the market on the product front.
    6. Maintain growth in bank = Yeah sure, I agree with that but the bank is tiny and thus wont add much value
    7. Grow AMP capital = Most of AMP Capital's AUM comes from the wealth business and is then farmed out to external fund managers. Also, AMP Capital is expensive for what it is and thus is facing huge margin compression. This is in long term decline and is heavily reliant on vertical integration
    8. Create a simpler, leaner business model = This should be easy but it will require getting rid of plenty of overpaid, underworked managers and also will require bringing current remuneration into line with market expectations.
    9. Strengthen risk management = Shouldn't be too hard but AMP have never done this well in the past. Advisers are asking for a better advice process and policies but these are still lacking. I cannot see AMP improving risk management without hobbling the business even further. Also hard to believe they are serious about risk when they have recently promoted Pahari to a tope role.
    10. Transform culture = 2 words, Boe Pahari!
    Hard to believe AMP can achieve anything above and especially hard to imagine that they will return to growth any time soon. I expect a few buzz words and exciting "announcements" but nothing of substance from AMP.

This is a business in long term decline and we are yet to see rock bottom.

You clearly have knowledge of AMP beyond mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.29
Change
0.010(0.78%)
Mkt cap ! $3.302B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.30 $1.30 $1.29 $398.9K 307.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
19 110852 $1.29

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.29 138726 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.17am 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.