''It's the same day, you just haven't listened ro the diggers.''...

1. 82,638 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''It's the same day, you just haven't listened ro the diggers.''

I've listened to diggers ---------------- I was a digger. My family had diggers, my father was a digger.

I worked with diggers

Anzac day does in no way come even close to being a display of what a country needs to become a nation --------------- not even remotely close.

When I'm in Oz - I always look at military monuments as I pass - I very often stop at Vietnam monuments -

and I see those names - and I think of all the grandchildren who are not with us because of the young blokes who never came home standing up and many who did come home and never had a life with family because they were too traumatised

we failed them - we failed them dismally

and, we continue to do so ---------- we, as a mob of people which we call a society - all we do is to head off to work so we can buy a bigger house and fill it with stuff

where is our national aim? where is our motto? - what are we striving for?

over 100 years of sending young people to war ------------ and yet - we cannot even house our people, we cannot feed them, we cannot keep them healthy and we don't educate them -

we like to think we educate - so we, job train

but, to send our people to tertiary education to study something like history -

the very history which we say we value ------------- we consider that - a waste of time.

we are totally guilty of dishonouring those who fell --------- we just like to lie to ourselves that we respect them ---------------- we do not

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.