The click-bait title to this thread grabbed my interest....

1. 2,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    The click-bait title to this thread grabbed my interest. "Someone is trying to start the ANZAC Day Ban early, " I thought.
    So, I held off commenting for a bit.

Sure enough, the original off-his-meds poster was seeking a lot of attention. Which they got, but nowhere near the bollocking they wanted. (Bored on the weekend and wanting someone to talk to, is my guess) I just wished that they had chosen a different topic to try to rile up HC about.

It was a pretty poor attempt to get some attention by trying to say something inflamatory in the header, but then having to walk a fine line of not being obviously anti-Diggers (even this tw@t knows that won't go well) while spooning out some slightly controversial thought bubbles. So, "Safe to ignore this one," I thought to myself.

Nice to see some very thoughtfull responses, especially as 2024 is the year of the RC into Defence Suicides. This ANZAC Day will focus on that rather sombre statistic in terms of recent losses, as we currently do not have many in the way of operational losses, thank god.

Suicide is currently taking more of our Defence Force and Veterans than ever before.

https://www.dva.gov.au/news/latest-stories/aihw-report-defence-and-veteran-suicide-released#:~:text=The%20death%20by%20suicide%20of,service%20since%201%20January%201985.

Veterans can access health treatment for 20 of the most commonly claimed physical conditions while their health claim is being considered, and immediate financial assistance is available to eligible veterans submitting a mental health claim through The Veteran Payment.If you’re a veteran or their immediate family member or know someone in the veteran community struggling with their mental health, please encourage them to reach out for support.Defence personnel can contact their local health centre,
    the All Hours Support Line on 1800 628 036 or the
    Defence Member and Family Helpline on 1800 624 608.
    Open Arms – Veterans & Families Counselling Service provides free and confidential mental health support available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for veterans and their immediate families on 1800 011 046.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.