TFL 0.00% 1.5¢ tasfoods limited

when will the market wake up to onc?, page-12

1. MJS
    2,274 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Interesting stock to look at. Thanks for bringing it to the attention of HC. I've added it to my watch list to look into a bit more as a potential addition to my small / micro cap portfolio.

Something though that plays on my mind, is that over the past few days I've run a number of filters over ASX stocks within certain parameters (typically relating to lower PE, cash in bank, and low to no debt). This has actually thrown up a handful of businesses that are listed here but based in and operate in / from China. All with low PEs and at face value "cheap".

Further, if I look at the companies histories they typically trade on lower PE ratios - so basically have always looked cheap.

Doesn't make me discount the stocks totally however I am aware that I don't understand the politics of China which potentially impacts on what they can and can't do, how they can do it, and hence the risk value that Australian investors are willing to pay - particularly when there is no dividend being paid as at present here. I notice that ONC was basically forced to sell one of their subsidiaries due to foreign ownership rules. I don't know what that indicates.

Anyway, appreciate the stock to look at. Will investigate more particularly around the politics and regulations within which they are operating.

MJS

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.