GBP 0.00% 1.4¢ global petroleum limited

Wasa, If the Peters held substantially fewer shares than they...

1. 32 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Wasa,

If the Peters held substantially fewer shares than they do, then yours would be a very valid concern. But essentially the Peters have a 40% stake in a USD 10mn cash pile that is depleting at USD2.3mn pa.....and yet they themselves are taking only (it seems) USD40,000 each in Directors' fees.

I do know that they have certainly considered deals (including some that others have subsequently done) but they haven't pulled the trigger on any of them. Up until 2016, this may have been justifiable by the fact that terms of those deals have been improving - but now, IMO, they are not.....and indeed the best opportunities may be starting to disappear off the market as other companies do the deals that GBP turned their noses up at.....

....hence my question! Basically it seems to be costing the Peters around USD 1mn a year to continue to sit on their hands - and that doesn't seem sensible.

My position isn't huge either....but it is big enough to be about 1/300th of the free float - so there really aren't that many individuals with an interest in the stock. GBP doesn't owe me anything - I'm well in profit over the years, having bought on several occasions at 3-4 times the current share price and sold well in 2011 and earlier at 13-14 times.......but I bought back in a year ago at around current levels expecting a deal to get done, and I'm still waiting....

cheers
    ee

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.