BLG 0.00% 3.6¢ bluglass limited

I think they made it clear that BLG efforts will be put towards...

1. 2,381 Posts.
    I think they made it clear that BLG efforts will be put towards the LED commericalisation. This is what was said in one of their last presentations. But originally the potential of enetering the solar industry is what caught my attention a year ago in one of there presentations.
    http://202.66.146.82/listco/au/bluglass/cpresent/cpr080513.pdf On page 27, BLG said they were aiming for a target of less then $1 per watt.

If that could be achived, BLG would become a $1B company overnight. In 2008 traditional crystaline companies were buying polysilicon a key componet to produce solar cells. The price hit above $400 per kg on the spot market. In 2004 prices were below $60 per kg. Solar modules last year were above $US4.00 per watt. That is why BLG was such a huge prospect for me as a large play in the solar industry. As they didnt require the key componet polysilicon. However in 2009 things have changed new polysilicon capacity has come online and demand has slowed down due to banks not lending money to large solar projects and the largest market in 2008 Spain from 2.5GW and capped by govt subsidies to 0.5GW.

Now polysilicon prices on the spot market are headed below $100 per kg. IMHO the price should bottom out at around $60 per kg if supply exceeds demand. This will bring the following cost price to traditional module manufacters at the low price range by the producers in china.
    Polysilicon $60 per kg
    156 Multi wafers 39pcs per kg = $1.54
    Watt level $1.54 / 3.75W = $0.41 per watt
    $0.41+ Convert from polysilicon to Solar Module $0.90 = $1.31 per watt

So even if polysilicon prices drop to $60 per kg, If BLG can produce a solar product below $1.00 per watt it will still be very attractive. However the power effiency needs to be above 11%. As the largest thinfilm manufacture has claimed to have reached a cost price of $1.00 per watt. however the cost savings dissapear due to the extra land, structers, componets and labour required to achive the same power. As traditional cystaline solar modules have an effiency above 16.5%

In summary BLG should only enter the solar industry if it is capable to produce solar energy below $1 per watt and achive effiency above 11% IMHO. Regardless LED is a huge market DYOR

That was mainly due

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $65.77M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.6¢ 3.6¢ 3.5¢ $13.95K 392.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500000 3.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.6¢ 409985 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BLG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.