QBE 4.25% $17.59 qbe insurance group limited

I seem to recall that the CEO stated, during the half year...

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    I seem to recall that the CEO stated, during the half year presentation, that they were likely to update the market in November. I think this related to their strategic review of one of their businesses, sorry don't recall the name but think it was mortgage insurance business - similar to Genworth. So we may not have to wait until February before we get a flavour of what the full FY15 looks like.

I have been in this stock for years, trading up and down very unsuccessfully. I am currently at my longest as I sense we are close to a turnaround in fortune. This group has endured a torrid time both in terms of industry and company specific problems. I think the new guard has diligently refocussed the business and placed it on a more sustainable, organic growth foundation.

The moment we get confirmation that the business has finished with all surgery and confirms it's ability to grow organically off a strong capital position, then we will start to see earnings upgrades. When did that last happen with QBE ? We can then expect a scramble by shorters to close out their positions. This, I hope, will be beautiful to watch. This is apparently the most shorted ASX stock. It would also be one of the most underowned by instos, so this could magnify the correction.

The other positives we tend to overlook is the currency situation, which is improving, and we are also approaching a serious increase in the dividend payout. I don't believe the USD interest rate rise will make as much impact on their USD earnings as most hope, but it will serve to inflate the AUD value of those earnings.

All the best to the believers, good luck to the shorters !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QBE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.59
Change
-0.780(4.25%)
Mkt cap ! $26.42B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.23 $18.44 $17.42 $80.78M 4.543M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 37972 $17.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.60 96445 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QBE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.