LOM 0.00% 6.7¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Where are the Buyers, page-119

1. 382 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Hi all,
    Have held this stock and been reading the posts for quite some time now and I accept that there are some very knowledgeable people here providing some very informative commentary and I thank them for that.

However, the recent talk of short term share prices (in some cases overnight rises) in the 60c-$1.00 range seem a little fanciful and is based on fantasy rather than any solid evidence. Yes, the Mining License was a significant milestone for the fledgling company. There was always a sovereign risk involved and to managements credit they were true to their word in obtaining the license before years end. But the market has not reacted much at all to the amazement of many. The question is, should it have reacted? No, not really. Yes, it is significant event but it does not make money – yet! It certainly derisks the venture but I think many bigger players will want to see more tangible progress and diamonds on a very regular basis before they commit more fully.

I have holdings in RLE and FAR and the same applies. They have had excellent results in recent times but commerciality has yet to be proven so therefore the price bobbles around without taking off. The small people like us are prepared to take the risk and commit earlier compared to the bigger market players – that’s life. I am happy to hold and hope for success, after all that it is all it is – hope, there is no such thing as a dead cert!

At the moment people can buy cheaply because sellers are there. Why are they? Well contrary to what many think there are those who set profit (and loss) levels and stick rigidly to their plan. Others want a quick dollar (or a get rich quick scheme) and bale out if they have not made it rich overnight.
    There are traders and chartists. There are probably those who feel a capital raising is imminent which may dilute shareholder value or those who feel options will now flood the market and dilute shareholder value. There are plenty of reasons for people to sell – they think it is right for them so that’s fine by me.

This company has tremendous potential but it really needs a steady income stream to thoroughly convince serious investors. I am not sure how long that will take, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. But it takes time to build that momentum. Obviously the long term plan is to unearth the source of the alluvial diamonds but this could take years – mind you it could take days, no-one knows. It just pays to be in there and to be patient. But to talk future share prices is pure guesswork as far as I am concerned because no-one really knows what is in the ground. I am just happy to be there and wait for the solid evidence to be unearthed. If the price suddenly skyrockets and I am totally wrong I will not lose much sleep….!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $19.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15800 6.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.7¢ 31257 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LOM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.