RMS 3.98% $1.96 ramelius resources limited

Where are the STRONG jockeys, page-47

1. 4,318 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2613
    Hi m0ngy. Any knowledge that Rox is one of the small cap gold stocks or is this just more idle speculation? You need to be explicit here. At times on the Rox threads you claim to be regularly speaking to the Rox boss - in one post you said you had spoken to the Rox boss three times before posting that particular post - so I do think you need to be clear on this point.

Were Ramelius to acquire Rox they would be primarily doing so for the 70% of the Youanmi project that Rox owns. Youanmi is about 30 clicks away from Penny. The project is still early days with Rox producing only their first JORC update a couple of months ago so it needs far more drilling (they talk about another JORC update towards the end of this calendar year), then to go through all the studies to confirm that the project is commercially and technically viable, then they would have to build a mill that can process refractory ore (about half of the current JORC is refractory). So we are probably looking at revenue flowing in maybe 3 or 4 years from Youanmi (depending on the studies of course and what the gold sector is doing then).

My own view is that were Ramelius to buy Rox it would be an admission that they are not up to making that step-change into an upper tier of gold producers that they have been talking about for several years, but rather they have resigned themselves to muddling along. Mark Zeptner recently said that he is still patient and is willing to wait another 6 to 12 months for the right deal. If he pulls the trigger on Rox then I can only assume he let his impatience get the better of him. If I did have to choose from Timbin's choice I would much prefer them getting into either one or both of the Norseman JV partners than Youanmi.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.96
Change
0.075(3.98%)
Mkt cap ! $2.240B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.98 $1.98 $1.92 $38.99M 19.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 76412 $1.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.97 265057 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.